Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Surprise trip to USA...


So my sister's 19th birthday was on the 4th of May and as a birthday gift my parents secretly flew me home to Virginia to surprise her! And oh boy was she surprised! First she didn't understand that I was actually standing in the kitchen. Then she was shocked and then she cried. Mission accomplished thanks to my stealthy parents! I was able to stay for a week before returning to Germany this past Saturday. I had a great time catching up with my sister and visiting with my family and some friends. My parents even surprised us three kids by taking us on a secret outing that ended in Lancaster, Pennsylvania at the Sights and Sound Theater..."Where the Bible comes to life". We saw the play Joseph. It was a beautiful, encouraging play about dreams, family and forgiveness. It was well worth the drive! Later on we went to Gettysburg, one of our favorite places from our childhood. And of course we had to stop and get some yummy Bruster's ice cream! I feel so refreshed and thankful for the time I had in Virginia. You know...absence really does make the heart grow fonder! Never have I loved my country, people and family more than I do today!




With all that said, not too much is happening this week but things are going to get busy in the weeks following. This past Sunday was Paul's 25th birthday and Levi Waldrop's 1st! Both of them were born on May 8th, just 24 years apart of course! So after church, we had a little birthday celebration and everyone had cake, sang happy birthday and had a sweet time of fellowship! Sorry there are no pictures...forgot my camera. For Paul's birthday I gave him a bunch of American goodies, a new pair of shoes, some nice shirts and awesome cds. lol For his birthday dinner he wanted me to make my family's famous hot wings. So I did!

Paul's requested birthday dinner!

Paul and I both received an original portrait that my parents had our dear friend Melody do for our birthdays! They are beautiful as you can see! We are for sure going to treasure these forever. Thanks Mel! 

Next week all of us are going down to Siegen for a ministry conference. All of us with the exception of Paul since he has to work. I am really looking forward to seeing some friends and connecting with more people here in Europe.

Paul's job is going really well, he is in his final phase of training and will be on his own soon. A cool thing is that he has already had opportunities to converse and build relationships with his coworkers.

After the conference next week the Waldrop's are going to be leaving for a 5 week trip to the States. Paul and I will be filling the gaps while they are gone. A guest pastor from Ireland and his wife will be coming to fill in for Chris. Please be praying for us, that we would be a blessing to Duke and his wife and to the people here in Münster. Please pray that everything would work out well and that the Waldrop's will have a smooth, refreshing, awesome trip in the USA!

Again we would like to thank you all for your love, support and prayers. A special thank you to all those who are financially supporting us...every month we continue to be blown away by your generosity and desire to support this ministry! Also a special thank you to our prayer warriors...please continue. God loves answering your prayers! We are so thankful for all the wonderful, loving people God has put in our lives. We are so encouraged by each one of you! May the Lord bless your week!




Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment