Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Va Task Force and Visas

Hey Everyone,
Sorry for the lack of updates the past two weeks...we were out of town all last week since Paul's brother Alex was here in Germany for a visit. I will write more about our visit with him in the next post. 

We want to thank you so much for your continued prayers.  The Lord has been so faithful!  As you know, Japan suffered a devastating earthquake March 11, 2011.  I had sent out a wide-spread prayer request for my dad and the Virginia Task Force 1 team from Fairfax County.  Thank you to all of you who communicated your concern and told us you were praying.  I am thankful to report that the team arrived home safe and sound last weekend after a week in Japan.  Although, they were unable to locate any survivors, they did learn a lot about tsunami-type disasters which may help in the future if they are deployed again to a similar disaster.  My dad was pretty sad that they were not able to save lives, but felt that the teams from the U.S. had encouraged the Japanese in their hour of deepest grief by offering their support and making such an effort to come alongside them.  I will post some pictures from my dad once he gets them.  We will be keeping Japan in our prayers for a really long time. 

On a personal note…..we got our visas!!! We went into the customs office yesterday morning and to our surprise we were both issued work visas! And just in time...Paul's first day of work will be on Monday, April 11th. My visa is specifically to work for CC Münster,  but if I find a job here that fits the criteria then I would be able to work as well. The Lord is so faithful!! And thank you all for your faithful prayers! It’s amazing how God answers them!  We are just so thrilled that with Paul’s earnings, more of your financial support will be able to go directly into the ministry!! 



Shalom


No comments:

Post a Comment