Monday, June 20, 2011

Fellowship...

Yesterday we had a great day! We were not able to rent out the YMCA like we normally do, so we decided to hold the service in the city park. But then it was crazy wind and rain. So, we had to cancel but we decided to have a grill and fellowship at our place! It was great, everyone brought something delicious to share and we had a nice time hanging out together. After dinner we went on walk..when we got a break in the rain of course...



There is an interesting tradition here that when a man turns 30 and is unmarried he is considered an "old sock". So all  his friends hang old socks outside of his house on a line! Pretty funny!


Everything has been going well. The bible studies on Wednesday night have been going good and we have really enjoyed hanging out with all the guest speakers and their families over the past few weeks. Chris and Nada return from the States on Thursday, we are excited for them come home! We are going to be really jealous of their tans I'm sure. Its been crazy weather here, raining, windy...cold. But we have had amazing rainbows! 



Thank you for all your prayers and support. We love and miss you all! 









Shalom

3 comments:

  1. I always wondered about the sock thing...I saw that a few times...

    Happy to hear all is well with you guys. I'm sure it'll be lovely to have Chris 'n Nada and the boys with you again.

    Love and peace,

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to know more about tradition.. They hang the socks and then what? I'm from portugal and i have a challenge: Finding the meaning of this tradition. My research in internet only you have a reference to this.. I have some friends in Germany and some German friend´s and nobody knows nothing about.. I´f you could help me i'll be very great full..

    My email is carla_martins@gmx.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bec and Paul ... I am PRAYING FOR YOU BOTH! Lots, continually and Faithfully!! Love sharing this journey with you both and what God has called you to! WOW, Bec .. this amazing Rainbow, reminds me of SO many Ireland days and amazing ministry that the Lord gave us together by the seas of Greystones, huh?! His PROMISES ARE REAL MY FRIEND .. Hang tight to them and know that I am / many are covering you both in Prayer!! I love you guys SO much and MISS YOU MORE! Can't wait to see you in Sept ;) Love you more .. praying in Faith and with Purpose for all that God has for you both, all that He is doing in and through you .. because you're HIS! Bless you my sweet friend! Praying, Praying... lov u! kim

    ReplyDelete